Hoagie The Dog

Hoagie The Dog
These are the views of Hoagie The Dog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Protesting

I love a good protest.  Higher wages.  Lower wages.  No war.  More war.  I'm behind it all 100%.  Solidarity Hoagie.  I enjoy everything about the whole protesting scene.  It's outside, full of energy, spirited, and there are generally lots of good signs.  The sign making part, leading up to the protest is good fun for me as well.  Selecting the right stick, and deciding on the right message to write is all part of the creative part of the process that I enjoy. If I get writers block and can't think of a good sign, I have a "go to" sign that I can pretty much use for any protest.  It just says "Shove It!"  It's a versatile message that gets my point across.  One problem is though, I don't always get to actually attend the protest in person - unless the Old Man walks me down there.  If I can't get down to the protest scene, I'll just get my sign and parade around the back yard.  The two dogs on either side of me think that I'm crazy, but they are both passive and resistant to change - no passion for The Movement.  One change that I would make to the whole protest scene would be the inclusion of a buffet at the end of the protest for all involved.  Nothing fancy - just maybe some mostacolli, fried chicken, and perhaps assorted buttered roles.  Brown's Chicken and Pasta could handle this. 

1 comment: