Hoagie The Dog

Hoagie The Dog
These are the views of Hoagie The Dog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting My Poetry On Today

Today is a good day for me to stroll outside and sit down beneath the tree in the backyard and write me some poetry.  It's time that I dust off my poetry-writing beret, drape a fashionable scarf around my neck and start to ponder the synergies and imbalances between man and nature.  I don't do a lot of the rhyming type of poems, as I really prefer to be more abstract in my writing.  Cerebral Hoagie.

One thing that has really been eating at me lately, and is the topic that I believe I will focus on with my writing today, is the tragedy of life and love, the lessons one can learn and absorb from such experiences, and how our inner being is constructed by these forces.  Or, I may write a poem about a cheeseburger because, well, I think about those a lot too. 

The good think about my poetry writing beret, is that I am also able to wear it when I set up my easel in the meadow and paint landscapes.  I may do that on Thursday if I have time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment