Hoagie The Dog

Hoagie The Dog
These are the views of Hoagie The Dog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lifetime Achievement Award

I was notified this morning by telegram that I will be receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award.  This is very exciting and rewarding news for me, and I feel honored to be recognized.  I do, however, need to apologize for my aggressive behavior toward the Telegram Messenger that I displayed upon his arrival,  as I was out of line.  In my defense though, the Telegram Messenger is a close cousin of the Mailman and therefore, I do have somewhat of a natural instinct to give them a hard time. 

I need to thank the pioneers that have come before me and have influenced and shaped my approach that has led to this well deserved honor.  Specifically, but not limited to, I'd like to recognize and thank the following folks for their mentorship and (direct or indirect) inspiration:  Abraham Lincoln, Steve Jobs, Santa, Elvis, Love Columnist Smoove B, Alf, the guy who hosted Fear Factor, William "Refrigerator" Perry, and of course my family.

I feel lucky to wake up every day - several times per day - and be able to do what I love to do.  I'm also very surprised that I would receive an award for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment